This Aero Precision M5 Stripped Lower Special Edition: Franklin Snake FDE lower receiver features Benjamin Franklin’s political cartoon “Join, or Die” engraved on the magwell. This design was created in 1754 to represent the need for unification among the Thirteen Colonies later becoming an iconic symbol leading up to and during the American Revolution. The cartoon was used to encourage Colonists to stand together as it was pivotal to the success of the Revolutionary War. This design remains symbolic of American pride, perseverance, and unification nearly 250 years later.
Our M5 .308 Stripped Lower Receiver helps you build a big-bore AR from the ground up. Mil-spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
Don’t forget to buy an Aero Precision M5 (.308) Lower Parts Kit. Our LPK is specifically designed to work with the M5 Lower Receiver and includes custom takedown and pivot pins as well as an extended magazine catch button.
- Works with standard AR 308 components and magazines
- Upper Tension Screw – Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver.
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Bolt catch is threaded for a screw pin (no roll pin needed)
- Integrated trigger guard
- Selector markings will work with 45, 60 or 90 degree safety selectors
- Accepts Battle Arms Development short throw safety selectors, but will work with any standard selector
- No gap with aftermarket pistol grips
Add some of our SPARE PARTS to complete your lower!
- Stripped M5 (.308) Lower Receiver in Anodized Black
- Nylon tipped tensioning set screw