Our Aero Precision M5 (.308) Enhanced Handguard Gen 2 15″ FDE provide a lightweight free float design for your custom M5 .308 build. The M-LOK system allows advanced modularity past the current 1913 picatinny rail system. Machined to mil-spec dimensions and engineered to perfection, this handguard eliminates bulk while retaining strength and stability.
- 1pc free float design
- Built in anti-rotation tabs
- Scalloped rails
- 1.72″ inside diameter (from barrel nut cut to forward end) fits most muzzle devices and 1.5″ suppressors
- 1.78″ inside barrel nut cut area diameter
- Compatible with low profile gas blocks
- DPMS High Profile (.210) Tang
- Gen 2 Feature – Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions
- Gen 2 Feature – Additional milling along flats to aid with gripping and add visual appeal
- Gen 2 Feature – New profile for the continuous picatinny top rail
Are you attaching this handguard to a standard threaded upper receiver?
The Handguard Barrel Nut (shims included) is available on our Spare Parts page unless otherwise stated. Our handguards use either the DPMS/Aero or Armalite interface and do not work with a standard barrel nut. If you are using our M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver, no additional pieces are needed.
*Please note – This handguard is specific to the M5 .308/M5E1 platform. It is not compatible with the AR15/M4E1 platform.